Welcome to the El Dorado Gun Club website.
The El Dorado Gun Club is an all volunteer organization. All of our Range Safety Officers volunteer their time and knowledge in support of the club.
Range hours differ from day to day so you must view the club calendar to see the hours of operation for the day you are interested in.
Law Enforcement only days at the rifle and pistol range are every Tuesday, two Wednesday’s and two Monday's a month.
At this time we do not have rental firearms. Ammunition sales are only available at the trap range. You must supply your own firearms and ammunition at the Rifle / Pistol range.
Special Board of Directors election the membership elected Bob St Amour to fill the vacant BOD position until Dec 2018, Congrats to Bob!
Test Match with the El Dorado Practical Shooters July 7, 2018. More information to follow.
Picnic August 12, 2018 Tickets on Sale see link above
1. Kimber Pro Carry II 45 cal stainless pistol
2. Henry 22Lr Golden Boy
3. Savage Arms AXIS 7mm-.08REM w/scope
Breast Cancer shoot Oct 13, 2018 starts at 8:00am until 1:00pm entry fee will be $50.00. RimFire fee will be $25.00 Preregistration tickets are on sale now
please see Karen at the Trap range or Jim S on the Rifle range.
The Board of Directors have established three committees and are looking for a chair for each committee. The chair will pick members to fill out the committee.
1. Range Safety Officer Committee: This committee will handle all issues relating to the RSO's. The committee chair has been selected, Pam Nesseson
2. Maintenance Group: This group will handle issues with range maintenance. Items include clean up and conex box storage clean up. Group
leader is Jim Peet.
3. Construction Committee: This committee will handle issues with range construction and repair. Items include repair sheds and new construction. If you are interested in being chair send an email the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our next General Meeting is Monday, July 9, 2018 at Colina De Oro / 694 Pleasant Valley Rd., Suite 1, Diamond Springs. Beginning at 5pm in the Banquet Room of the restaurant. (Our General Meetings are held the second Monday of each month.) If you are interested in finding out what the club is about and/or joining, please join us at the above time and
Environmental Trust Account
The El Dorado Gun Club is establishing a trust account: “Environmental Trust” account in the amount of $10,000. There is an organization out there that is looking to close down gun clubs in California. In an effort to be pro-active, the officers and BOD have retained a lawyer that has been dealing with this sort of investigation. We are working closely with NRA representatives, lawyers and Environmental Specialists to do whatever we need to do to keep our gun club open and free of potential closure. Your donation of $5, $10, $15 or $20 can be a huge help to keep our club open. Thank you!
Feb 12, 2018: El Dorado Gun Club will transfer 5% of gross range receipts to to the Environmental Trust Account on a monthly basis.